WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DATA?
If you use our Services, the Data Controller is:
SPORT24TV Limited is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you:
- When you enter such information while using the Services, including during any account registration process and payment process;
- When you interact with our customer service team;
- When you participate in our surveys, beta tests or marketing promotions (including competitions), including any entry details and survey responses provided by you;
- If you choose to provide information relating to reviews or ratings, favourite sports, tournaments, teams, events or personalities, and/or other subjects of interest to sports fans;
- In relation to your account settings, including when you set preferences in the ‘My Account’ section of our application; and
- When you otherwise provide information to us through the Services or elsewhere.
We, directly from you or via third parties acting on our behalf, will collect information about you and your use of our Services, including, but not limited to:
- Information regarding your use of the Services, including information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to our Services, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- Your payment method, including details of your payment country; payment type and the history of any failed/successful payments; your credit card, debit card or direct debit bank account and also the expiration date of your credit or debit card (if you pay for the Services via one of these methods);
- Your responses online and/or email marketing campaigns from us or through our third parties (including when you open/click on marketing emails);
- Details regarding your interactions with customer services, including the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of chat conversations, your name and email address (as you provide it to us) and previously visited SPORT24TV help pages;
- Device information, including device IDS or unique identifiers;
- Information such as location data, device, browser and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, ad data, IP address, standard web log information and language choices made by you in relation to your use of the Services;
- Behaviour on our Services as you click around or otherwise interact with our Services (including pages visited, links and buttons clicked, content selections, watch history and search queries);
- The fact that you use certain social media networks;
- Your social media profile details (name and other information you make available to us) when you mention, connect with or contact us through a social media account; and
- Information from third party databases, for purposes such as compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
There are certain Services you will only be able to access by registering with us. To register with us, you must provide us with at least your first name, last name, email address, and password. Depending on the Service, you may be required to provide additional information, such as your location, postcode or zipcode and your birthday. Where you choose to participate in our beta testing programmes, we will ask you to provide certain additional information for your profile, including the language/s you speak and information about the devices you use.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use the above personal information to do some or all of the following, in each case to the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws:
Performance/administration of the contract we have with you
We use your personal information to:
- provide the Services via our websites, portals or applications, including setting up and administering your account, sending statements and invoices to you, and collecting payments from you;
- administer and monitor our Services, including notify you about changes or updates to our Services and any issues with our Services, such as unavailability;
- provide technical and customer support, including dealing with enquiries and complaints; and
- enforce our terms and conditions (including, but not limited to, determining free trial eligibility).
Comply with legal obligations
We use your personal information to:
- enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements and otherwise comply with the direction of any relevant regulator or competent authority;
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, cheating, and money laundering; and
- for record keeping purposes (including to meet internal and external audit requirements).
Based on our legitimate interests
We use your personal information to:
- conduct research, development, testing and analysis, in order to optimize and enhance the Services, diagnose problems and develop and test new content, products and services;
- evaluate and manage risks to our business;
- provide our commercial partners with information about user’s use of co-branded Services, including historical use data;
- administer competitions and other offers/promotions which you enter into, including send you prizes won via our Services;
- for profiling purposes (including using third party data) so that we can:
- understand and respect your preferences;
- understand and analyse customer trends and patterns, so that we can improve our Services;
- offer you on-product personalisation, including by suggesting and delivering recommended content and providing personalized search;
- market our services (as set out below);
- market our Services (subject to any preferences you have expressed (including consent where required)) including:
- delivering marketing and event communications to you across various platforms, such as email, text, online, device notifications or otherwise in order to inform you about news, products, services, promotions and special offers which we think may be of interest to you. Such marketing material may be based on your behaviour;
- showing you targeted and relevant advertisements on a selection of websites across the world wide web and social media websites based on the data collected via Cookies, as set out in our Cookie Notice (please see below), and measure and analyse the effectiveness and reach of such ads, to help us improve and refine our marketing strategy;
- personalising and/or tailoring marketing communications that we may send to you (including on social networking sites); and
- contacting you in respect of market research, surveys and beta testing programmes, so that we can improve the Services we offer.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Suppliers, sub-contractors and other third parties for the provision of services globally, including provision of the Services, customer support, payment processing, marketing, advertising, data analysis, research, beta testing and surveys;
- SPORT24TV entities, business partners and other third parties, where you have consented to such disclosure or otherwise to the extent permitted by applicable laws;
- In the event that we sell the business operating the Service or it is integrated with another business, we may disclose your personal information to our advisers and any prospective buyer’s advisers as well as to the new owners of the business;
- In order to prevent fraud, cheating and money laundering we may disclose your information to third parties including, but not limited to, any relevant regulator, gaming and sporting bodies, financial institutions and law enforcement agencies or any other body that deals with the investigation of alleged offences.
We may, where you have given your consent, allow other members of the SPORT24TV and selected third parties to contact you with relevant offers, competitions and latest news.
PARENTS AND GUARDIANS
The Services are general audience services. We do not knowingly collect and/or share personal information from children under the age of 18 through the Services.
WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS ON WHICH SPORT24TV RELIES TO PROCESS YOUR DATA?
On some occasions, we process your data with your consent (for example, when you consent to receive email marketing).
On other occasions, we process your data when we need to do this in order to fulfil a contract with you (for example, for the administration of our Services, including account creation and for billing purposes) or where we are required to do this by law (for example, where we have to fulfil anti-money laundering requirements)..
We also process your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights (as set out in more detail above).
HOW LONG DOES SPORT24TV KEEP DATA?
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information, as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information.
- Account information: We retain your account information for as long as your account is active and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate the Services. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations, and to continue to develop and improve our Services. Where we retain information for Service improvement and development, we take steps to eliminate information that directly identifies you, and we only use the information to uncover collective insights about the use of our Services, not to specifically analyze personal characteristics about you.
- Marketing information: If you have elected to receive marketing emails from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you terminate the Services. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
You may ask us for a copy of your information, to correct it, erase it or to transfer it to other organisations at your request. Where we have asked for your consent to process your data, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. Where you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the legitimacy of the processing conducted prior to your request.
Where we process your data because we have a legitimate interest in doing so (as explained above), you also have a right to object to this based on grounds relating to your particular situation.
You have rights to object to direct marketing at any time. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your data.
Please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, submit it via the contact form or change the settings in your “My Account” section.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. However, if you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities (in the case of the UK, the Information Commissioner).
SPORT24TV COOKIE NOTICE
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your device if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your device’s hard drive and enable the website or application to ‘remember’ you, either for the duration of your visit (session cookies) or for repeat visits (persistent cookies).
We use the following cookies:Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Services. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Services.Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Services. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies collect anonymous information on how people use our Services. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how customers arrive at our sites, browse or use our sites and help us to improve the way our websites and applications work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Services, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Services and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Third party cookies. These cookies are used by our business partners and service providers on our Services for the same purposes identified above.
Third Party CookiesFurther information about cookies
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is an industry body that develops standards and guidelines to support online business processes. It has produced a website (www.allaboutcookies.org) which explains how cookies work and how they can be managed.
Disabling and enabling cookies
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings on your Internet browser or device. The IAB website (www.allaboutcookies.org) tells you how to remove cookies from your browser or device. However, if you use your browser or device settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) or disable future cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our Services.
We want you to be in control of your own data, so if you have any questions about how to manage cookies or how we use your data, please contact us at email@example.com .